The creation of the Bordeaux public garden was initiated in 1746 by the Intendant Tourny, on a land of vines which were deemed to be 'bad'. This beautiful romantic garden was created to provide the people of Bordeaux with a pleasant, healthy and friendly place.
Originally designed 'à la française', it was re-landscaped in 1856 by Fischer, a landscape gardener who completely reviewed its configuration by transforming it into an English garden with a beautiful pool.
This garden is the perfect place for a break. There is an excellent brasserie for those who wish to have a good meal or a drink.
Tip: The toilets in the Brasserie are concealed by a huge flower pot behind the bar counter!
Opening hours: everyday from 7am to 8 pm
48 Cours de Verdun, 33000 Bordeaux